I’ve been in Vienna for 4 years, studying and working, will I be able to get an Art 50 EUV card?

If you have been living in Austria for less than 5 years, you will be eligible for an Art 50 EUVAufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV" The Aufenthaltstitel "Art 50 EUV" is a residency title to be issued to British citizens from the end of the transition period. Its name is derived from Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The "Titel" refers to the document or card itself, and not the right, or permission that it confirms. card, with 5 years’ validity. You’ll have to provide evidence about your personal situation (as a worker, student, self-sufficient person, British family member or British spouse of an Austrian national) and proof of comprehensive healthSozialministerium The Austrian Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection is responsible for the following fields: The health care system Initiatives for people with disabilities Consumer protection Public health and medical issues Care and support The rights of consumers and the protection of their health Senior citizens’ policy Social policy Social insurance insurance. After you have been here for more than 5 five years, you may be eligible for long-term/permanent residency status, and time spent studying here would count.

There is further information in the Austrian government’s Brexit FAQs at: https://www.bundeskanzleramt.gv.at/en/topics/brexit/residency-and-access-to-the-labour-market.html

Was this content useful?