Forum Article 50 EUV cards Article 50 EUV: Complaints

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      TimCTim Challenger
      Keymaster
        Up
        Down
        ::

We have been convinced that the authorities are genuinely concerned that the process runs smoothly for everyone. The less work for everybody, the better.

However, if you feel that the Austrian authorities aren’t treating you correctly or giving you the rights you think you are entitled to, or have any other complaints about the new registration process, there will be an Austrian complaints department.
        We don’t have contact details yet,but will post here as soon as we do.

mikeMichael Bailey
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down

Probably it will be a case of only time will tell about how it all will work in practice. Currently, there is set to be a timely enactment of the law, there is a larger window for applications, which is welcome due to the ongoing issues with Covid-19, and the procedure looks plain sailing for those who have got their paperwork up-to-date.

KeenskierKeenskier
          Participant
            Up
            Down

How many times can one apply for the Art 50 EUV – for example if the first application fails but then circumstances change?

For example, the authorities might deem that one’s income is too low to qualify (e.g. because one is currently unemployed, only able to find part-time work, or on a low UK Pension) and so might reject the application. Due to Covid-19 this is particularly relevant at the moment for those of us who work in the tourist industry and might very well have no work between now and Easter – and quite possibly into the summer as well. I have read the FAQs about timing the application to match the best circumstances possible, but even then, the first application might still be rejected.

Is a rejection full and final (subject to appeal) or can one re-apply if circumstances change? If so, is there another limit to the number of applications (e.g. only one re-application is allowed) or a timeframe constraint (e.g. no re-application for 3 months after a rejection)?

mikeMichael Bailey
              Keymaster
                Up
                Down

We are still trying to find out about the whole process. From our understanding there is usually a request to submit more supporting paperwork before a decision is made.

KeenskierKeenskier
              Participant
                Up
                Down

I missed off the most obvious question in my post above – if one applies for the Art 50 EUV and the application is rejected, what happens next? Will people be given notice to leave Austria – and if so, within what timeframe, who would issue and enforce the notice etc?

mikeMichael Bailey
                  Keymaster
                    Up
                    Down

from everything that has been said to date, it would seem that the only grounds for an application being turned down would be due to not being classed as legally resident. Where applicants are relying on their being in employment to qualify, it might be strategic to wait until in new employment, if not still covered as Erwerbstätig from a previous employment relationship being terminated by the employer.

mikeMichael Bailey
                    Keymaster
                      Up
                      Down

Regarding the issue of the enforcement of someone rejected, this will occur, according to a contact at City Hall after a justified appraisal leads to a negative decision being issued (this occurring after possibilities to submit further information have all been fruitless). The BFA would enforce the removal of someone, but such a process takes months, and is usually a last resort.

maplesirupcowgirlmaplesirupcowgirl
                    Participant
                      Up
                      Down

I am trying to schedule an appointment in January via email in order to apply for the Art 50 EUV card in the 16th district but have yet to get a response. Am I correct in applying at the city district office where I am registered, or am I misinformed? Thank you.

mikeMichael Bailey
                        Keymaster
                          Up
                          Down

Applications in Vienna will all be handled through MA35’s office in 12th District (Arndtstrasse) and appointments booked via the online appointment tool.

iancrosbyiancrosby
                        Participant
                          Up
                          Down

I think patience is the order of the day. I applied for the Aufenthaltsgenehmigung in the middle of May and only got a response last week asking for additional information. I had waves of nervousness but was simply advised by my very sensible spouse that sometimes the wheels of Austrian government grind very slowly, especially in the current climate.

Jasper150Jasper150
                          Participant
                            Up
                            Down

I don’t have a complaint yet .. However I would like to know where to get the Art50 euv application form .. I am registered in Upper Austia , and are eleigble for an austrian pension. I also own a property here since 2003 .. Can anybody tell me where to find this application form ?.. Thanks

keithjdKeith Davies
                            Keymaster
                              Up
                              Down

Not available yet as far as I know. Probably available from 1st January 2021

It says it will be available from this website

https://www.bundeskanzleramt.gv.at/en/topics/brexit/residency-and-access-to-the-labour-market.html

KathrynKathryn
                              Participant
                                Up
                                Down

I had a Daueraufenthalt. i just got the Bestatigung, and they want me to pay 75.80. Is that right?

mikeMichael Bailey
                                  Keymaster
                                    Up
                                    Down

Kathryn, I believe you should have paid a max of EUR 15. We are following up about how to gain redress where charging is incorrect.

Jasper150Jasper150
                                  Participant
                                    Up
                                    Down

As previously posted I am registered with the local gemeinde in Upper Austria, own a property, Austrian bank account and this year will start to recieve an Austrian pension.
                                    I have my own business (registered in the UK) and currently living in the UK (secondary residence),
                                    However I want to return to Austria. In 2022 I will also recieve a UK pension. Is there anybody else with similar circumstances.. Also the application must be made in person with the local bezirkshauptmanshaft.. Is that correct?
                                    Thanks in advance for any insight.

mikeMichael Bailey
                                      Keymaster
                                        Up
                                        Down

Application must be made in person with the Bezirkshauptmannschaft – due to the fact that finger prints are to be taken as part of the application. You need to make sure that you do not interrupt your residency by being away for too long, and it might be a good idea if you travel frequently between UK and Austria and back to keep records until you have your Art 50 EUV card – how long have you been resident in Austria for?

Jasper150Jasper150
                                      Participant
                                        Up
                                        Down

I have been in Austria first between May 1997 to August1998, then I went to the far east working until 2000 when I returned to Austria. since 2000 to end of 2013 I had been living and working within the Austrian system, hence Pension .. when I changed back to uk for business reasons I de-registered for a number of years before re-registering 2 years ago with my local Gemeinde in Attnang. The Meldamt in Attnang don’t feel there would be a problem with obtaining a residency, but one can never tell.. I am still currently registered at the house which I own (Eigentumer) and live in..I travel back and forth to Austria 4 or 5 times a year and stay for 2 – 3 weeks, although last year due to Covis was quite difficult..I keep reciepts and invoices showing my presence..

Jasper150Jasper150
                                        Participant
                                          Up
                                          Down

I have in any case got to come to Austria to deal with Pension, and also to deal iwth matters concerning my House, the house credit will finish this year (I will be 65 in February). I am still actively working, but will earn sufficient fund to support myself.

Kas74Kas74
                                          Participant
                                            Up
                                            Down

My application for the Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts was declined two years ago because I had received a Pensionszulage between 2015-2016. Do you know if I’ll likely have a problem when applying for the Art 50 EUV card as I would normally have had to wait 5 years to reapply for the BdD.

ewanwewanw
                                            Participant
                                              Up
                                              Down

Due to the lockdowns, I am unemployed and since I don’t have an Anmeldung Bescheinigung, I need to apply for the EUV card within the next month. If I were to apply as a Privatier, would I be able to change my status to Arbeitsnehmer when work is once again available?

Thanks in advance.

armyboyalexarmyboyalex
                                              Participant
                                                Up
                                                Down

I would like to know, how come the Brits are expected to pay for there right to remain paperwork but the 4 million EU citizens in UK are getting them free? After pressure from the EU

keithjdKeith Davies
                                                Keymaster
                                                  Up
                                                  Down

We get a plastic ID card with biometric data in the EU whereas those in the UK only get an email from the Home Office (trust us we never lose data) as “proof”.

ewanwewanw
                                                  Participant
                                                    Up
                                                    Down

Nobody answered my question, so I am going to post it again.

Due to the lockdowns, I am unemployed and since I don’t have an Anmeldung Bescheinigung, I need to apply for the EUV card within the next month. If I were to apply as a Privatier, would I be able to change my status to Arbeitsnehmer when work is once again available?

Thanks in advance.

keithjdKeith Davies
                                                    Keymaster
                                                      Up
                                                      Down

I can’t see why not, that’s what I plan on doing.

TomTom
                                                      Participant
                                                        Up
                                                        Down

I saw that unemployment benefit (“Arbeitslosengeld”) counts towards the income requirement, but would emergency assistance (“Notstandshilfe”) count too? Or would it be best to wait and see if a job can be found first? Thanks.

mikeMichael Bailey
                                                        Keymaster
                                                          Up
                                                          Down

Notstandshilfe is insurance-based so should be fine.

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.