Forum Article 50 EUV cards Anmeldebescheinigung + Article 50 Advice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BritishMidwifeBritishMidwife
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

Advice very much appreciated, I feel like i’ve hit a wall and going insane.

I am a Registered Midwife in the UK and moved to Vienna (May,2020) to start a new life tougher with my (Turkish) fiance.
        He has been living here for over 15 years, is employed and has a Daueraufenthalt card.

My plan was to study German until I can register as a midwife and work in a hospital here (I need B2 Level German). I was also working remotely for the NHS Track and Trace and so was issued an Anmelbescheinigung by MA35 as an ‘Arbeiter’ without a problem.

In September I was told by the NHS that I could not continue working remotely from outside of the UK (due to data protection), and so I informed MA35 that i needed to change my Anmelbescheinigung from an ‘Arbeiter’ to a ‘Privater’. Months later and after lots of chasing I am issued with an Appointment at MA35 on 30/12/20 to present my documents for this new certificate.

The woman was dismissive and she spoke very quickly in German, despite me explaining that I was still learning. She took my old certificate and said it should never have been issued and that her colleague should not have done so (????). This was all in German and I felt completely overwhelmed and powerless. She said that my evidence of Existenzmittel was insufficient and sent me on my way.
        I since emailed with proof of over 12,000 euros in my account but still no response.

*This was on the 30th December 2020, so when 1st Jan 2021 rolled around- i technically entered the new year with no legal residency permit*

Today i went for the Article 50 Brexit appointment (In hindsight i should have done this after Anmelbescheinigung was sorted.) and was sent away with a document to say that they are deliberating my case and I should wait for a letter.

My questions are:
        -What is the likelihood of them refusing me both an Anmelbescheinigung and Article 50 card?
        -Would speeding up our marriage help with my residency situation?

Huge thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light- Sorry for the ramble!

mikeMichael Bailey
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down

We are currently following-up to try to find out more about cases and find out what can be done for people whose pre-Brexit residency procedures were delayed due to covid-19 (in particular lockdown in November). If you need to establish contact with us to allow us to escalate your case to the Embassy, please mail me at mike [dot] b [at] britishinaustria [dot] net.

MerciaMercia
          Participant
            Up
            Down

UNEMPLOYED IN AUSTRIA
            I moved to Austria in 2001 with my 6 year old son, at which time we both obtained a Meldezettel. We have been living and working (or at school) in Austria since that time.
            A couple of years ago I became unemployed and, in accordance with my rights, registered with the AMS. I am currently in receipt of Notstandshilfe which covers my basic income and health insurance.
            I contacted the AMS (With whom I am still registered despite it already being 2021) and was informed that they have no idea what my official status currently is and that I should wait and see what happens. This, as you will appreciate, was not very helpful.
            Is anyone able to advise me how, if at all, this affects my entitlement to Article 50?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.