Can I contest the decision or ask to see my record about my Art 50 EUV card?

If you wish to contest the justification behind the decision regarding the decision over a 5/10 year card, or wish to consult your official file to establish when you may “convert” your card from a five year one to a ten year one, can you do so?

Yes. Applicants have the right to request to inspect their file (Akteneinsicht) and to do would have to make an appointment with the issuing authority. Copies of documents in the file may be made, although the authority is allowed to charge you for any costs arising should you choose to do so.

Prior to doing so, you might like to contact the authority to see if this information can be provided on an informal basis.

Was this content useful?