I am a lawyer and Austrian law does not permit me to practice law as a third country national. What should I do?

Amendments of the Rechtsanwaltsordnung and the EIRAG (the law that allows “passporting” of lawyers) are currently in public consultation. The main thing to do at this time is to check that you are entered into the Liste der Rechtsanwälte or Liste der Rechtsänwaltsanwärter through your local Rechtanwaltskammer. Subject to a trade deal being signed between the UK and the EU, British citizens will remain equivalent for the purposes of these laws.

Information on the gov.uk Living in Austria site

Was this content useful?