I am resident in Austria, and the rest of my family will move in 2021. What will we have to do?

Your core familycore family Direct and close family members. Spouse, registered partner, children under 21 (or over 21 if still dependent), dependent direct parents or grandparents; Adopted children are treated as natural children. members can join you at any time, provided your relationship already existed by 31.12.2020.

Firstly, registration: Get their MeldebestätigungMeldezettel Austria requires everyone living in Austria (both Austrians and foreigners) to register their place(s) of residence with the local authorities. The confirmation of this registration is called a Meldebestätigung (EN: confirmation of registration), although it is still affectionately known to many by its former name (the Meldezettel). This is done at your Meldeamt in the Gemeinde or Bezirk you live in. You are required to do your registration within three days of arrival. It is important to do this also because your qualification for permanent residence starts to run from the point of your registration..

They must then apply for their Art 50 EUVAufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV" The Aufenthaltstitel "Art 50 EUV" is a residency title to be issued to British citizens from the end of the transition period. Its name is derived from Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The "Titel" refers to the document or card itself, and not the right, or permission that it confirms. cards as your family members within 3 months of arrival. You can do this either if you already have your own Art 50 EUV card, or alternatively you can apply for the whole family at the same time – there is no fixed recommendation in this regard – so you may choose either way, depending on what is more convenient for you. Confirmations of application will be issued to cover the period until their cards come through.

They will have to show they are supported by you or have their own jobs. As long as you are (self-)employed or self-sufficient they will be covered by you. The order in which to do things or exactly how to get them covered by your Krankenkasse has not yet been resolved. Therefore it would be advisable to contact the ÖGK as soon as you know when your relations are going to be moving out to Austria to join you.

Was this content useful?