I didn’t have a Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts. Can I still get a 10 year Art 50 EUV card?

Not previously having held a Bescheinigung des DaueraufenthaltsBescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts für EWR Bürger This is the document you can apply for after 5 years' continuous and legal residency in Austria. It confirms that you have the right to permanent residency under EU rules as an EU citizen. It requires you to provide proof of residency, employment or sufficient financial resources, and all-risks medical and health insurance cover. Holders of this document are guaranteed the Article 50 EUV card via a quick and easy process in 2021. Note: British Citizens could only apply for the Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts until the end of the transition period (31.12.2020) does not disqualify you from being able to get a 10 year Art 50 EUVAufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV" The Aufenthaltstitel "Art 50 EUV" is a residency title to be issued to British citizens from the end of the transition period. Its name is derived from Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The "Titel" refers to the document or card itself, and not the right, or permission that it confirms. card. During the application procedure for the Art 50 EUV, your case will be assessed on its merits – namely whether or not you fulfil the criteria of five years continuous legal residence or not.

Your residence may be considered to have been interrupted in the past, if say you were between employment for a longer period of time and not registered with the AMSArbeitsmarktservice The Austrian Public Employment Service (AMS) is Austria’s leading provider of labour-market related services, and matches candidates with job openings and assists jobseekers and companies by providing advice, information, qualification opportunities and financial assistance., and did not have intact insurance coverage.

Was this content useful?