I have my Art 50 EUV card. If my employment circumstances change, do I need to do anything?

  • Holders of the 5-year EUV card are not required to inform the competent residence authorities if they e.g. change from private person status to employee or from employee to self-employee or similar changes. However, they are required to inform the authorities at some stage in the event that NONE of these statuses apply to them anymore, which could then still result in the competent residence authorities initiating a process to end their stay in Austria in the future, where the conditions for holding an Art 50 EUVAufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV" The Aufenthaltstitel "Art 50 EUV" is a residency title to be issued to British citizens from the end of the transition period. Its name is derived from Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The "Titel" refers to the document or card itself, and not the right, or permission that it confirms. card are no longer met.
  • For 10-year card holders such problems would only occur if the holder were to leave Austria for more than five years, or in the case of their being convicted of very severe criminal offences.

Was this content useful?