I’m struggling, who can help me with my Art 50 EUV card application?

If you have a long-term involvement with the healthSozialministerium The Austrian Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection is responsible for the following fields: The health care system Initiatives for people with disabilities Consumer protection Public health and medical issues Care and support The rights of consumers and the protection of their health Senior citizens’ policy Social policy Social insurance system, whether for mental or physical health reasons, you may be able to get access to a social worker if you do not already have one assigned. Similarly, if you are currently living in a safe house or shelter, your social worker may also be able to help. From individual cases that we have been aware of, and have had contact with, it has proven to be well worth getting your social worker to assist your application process.

Your social worker may well be in a position to contact your local residency authority (e.g. MA35Magistratsabteilung 35 Residency and citizenship issues in Vienna are handled by Magistratsabteilung 35 (MA35). It has several offices in Vienna and where you need to go depends on whether or not you are an EU citizen (you go to one or other of its EU Referat offices depending on the district you live in), or its premises for third country nationals. or the Bezirkshauptmannschaft depending on where you are based) to obtain the list of necessary documentation that is required and fill them in on your situation, as well as obtaining the necessary proof that you are in long-term treatment or therapy, and to assist in terms of helping to obtain the necessary documentary proof regarding your circumstances e.g. about your being unfit to work, being incapacitated etc.

Regardless of whether your situation is related to poor physical/mental health, long-term unemployment or financial hardship, our advice would be to not delay in establishing contact with the authorities, where possible through your social worker, to resolve the situation.

Was this content useful?