Reply To: Buying property in Austria as a third country citizen?

Forum Living in Austria Housing and Property Buying property in Austria as a third country citizen? Reply To: Buying property in Austria as a third country citizen?

BecSBecS
Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi all. I am in the process of trying to buy a property in Tyrol with my husband. I am English, he is German, and we live in Salzburgerland. I have previously been advised that as I am no longer an EU citizen, I am not able to buy in Austria, and especially not Tyrol. Upon reading this thread (which has been super useful) it seems apparent that this advice is incorrect, and that I can in fact buy in Tyrol since Tyrol announced their stance on UK citizens in July. Great news! I am have my main residence in Salzburgerland, am employed, and have my Article 50.
    I am however trying to find the official document that states this so that I can send it to my lawyer in Salzburgerland who is putting together the property purchase contract. Does anyone have a link!
    This is the comment on this thread that I am referencing:
    “Tyrol and now Vienna recognise the Property Purchase rights of British Citizens who are Withdrawal Agreement beneficiaries and should be treated the
    Property Lawyers may be unfamiliar with the rights of Withdrawal Agreement beneficiaries and should be referred to
    Articles 9,10, 12 and possibly 23 of the Withdrawal Agreement.”
    Thanks in advance!