Forum Article 50 EUV cards Aufenthaltstitel cards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      lindavislindavis
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

Both my husband and I visited on Jan 5th to apply.We heard nothing till I sent an email in June.I received my card then.
        My husband for some reason was asked to prove for 2016 2017 that he was in Europe. we sent relevant documents (he was at that time employed in Germany}
        This is despite the fact we are both Austrian pensioners and have lived in Austria since 1981 and had a permanent residence from 1987.He has still not received card nor any other information.Neither email nor telephone to his named case officer on letter has produced any response. Should we try someone else?

mikeMichael Bailey
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down

It might be that the period 2016-17 was flagged as a potential break in residence in their systems. In the case that it was a secondment, it might be worth if they request further information to get a letter from his then employer to confirm he was seconded to Germany. Possibly they were unaware of your husband’s permanent residence since 1987 – did you show a passport of that ilk to confirm this status at your appointment?

lindavislindavis
          Participant
            Up
            Down

We had given them all the permanent residence information in January, still had a copy of passport with stamp in,Meldezettel for house we still live in.
            Sent letter from German employer. they wanted proof of being in Europe. I do wonder whether they lost the original papers.
            This process was flagged as being an exchange of our permanent status.

mikeMichael Bailey
            Keymaster
              Up
              Down

We have had a number of people who have been requested to resubmit (often multiple times) information that they submitted at their original appointment. Did you by any chance also apply for a Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts last year (you didn’t need to, but there was a lot of advice to do so for simplifying the process for this year’s Art 50 EUV card procedure)? It seems people who still had a pending BdD application seem to have been stuck in “parallel procedure paralysis” – with information going between files for both residency permits – often causing considerable delay.

lindavislindavis
              Participant
                Up
                Down

No Jan 5th was our first application

lindavislindavis
                Participant
                  Up
                  Down

The card was delivered today. The letter requested to send back previous residence permit??I doubt they mean the out of date passport our permanent residence permit was stamped in.
                  Thank you for your replies.

keithjdKeith Davies
                  Keymaster
                    Up
                    Down

Hi Linda, In my case when I received my Article 50 card (5 year one), I had to hand back my Anmeldebescheinigung, I guess if you have a seperate Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts they will want that back.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.