Forum Article 50 EUV cards December arrival into Austria – Clarification

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cjredpathcjredpath
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

Left it quite late but I will be landing in to Vienna with my partner and daughter (covid allowing) from the UK on the 14th of December. I have everything lined up to be able to complete my Meldezettel on arrival and also my employment contract in Austria kicks in on the day we fly in. My partner is an EEA citizen and our daughter is dual UK/EEA citizen although she hasn’t gotten her EEA passport yet due to covid (we need to physically do it in country). Given our late arrival, how important do people view the Anmeldebescheinigung at least for myself and daughter to happen before Brexit? I have mailed the MA35 office without any reply so far, so I am curious what the consensus is on kicking this off pre-31st of December. When I tried with the online booking system, I could only get an appointment for this towards the latter part of January. Is there an online process that people might be aware of I can use to trigger it pre-Brexit? In parallel I also sent a note to the main Brexit service from the Austria government to confirm if I can just do the Article 50 EUV and skip the Anmeldebescheinigung, although again, not reply yet.

keithjdKeith Davies
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down

My personal opinion is that you should try and at least apply for your Anmeldebescheinigung this year. You can apply by emailing the application form and supporting documentation (not sure of email address for MA35) but ask them for the reference and also try to pay for it. The fact you have an employment contract should make it easier. Also unless you are in a registered partnership it is important that you establish your own rights. It is probably also worth you kicking off the driving license exchange too.

Please note that this is a personal opinion but also have a look at the FAQ section on this website and take note of the following para.

https://www.britishinaustria.net/i-arrived-in-austria-after-september-2020-what-must-i-do-if-i-want-to-stay-long-term/

“The embassy and the Austrian Ministry of the Interior (BMI) strongly recommend that you get all documents before 31st December 2020 to prove you had the right to residence before the end of the transition period”

Hope this helps!

keithjdKeith Davies
          Keymaster
            Up
            Down

PS: Just also found the following which may be useful

https://www.bundeskanzleramt.gv.at/en/topics/brexit/residency-and-access-to-the-labour-market.html

————-
            Further questions regarding legitimation cards

The British Embassy in Vienna is in close contact with the Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs. Please direct further inquiries via email to vienna.embassy@fco.gov.uk with the word ‘Legitimationskarten’ in the subject line. Those questions will be passed onto the responsible Austrian authority who will answer them directly.

mikeMichael Bailey
            Keymaster
              Up
              Down

We are currently trying to get an answer to this question from the authorities – we will keep you updated.

cjredpathcjredpath
              Participant
                Up
                Down

Thanks – yeah it would be good to get an official response, I have tried myself but nothing back yet, regardless I’ll prepare the relevant documents for electronic submission anyway.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.