Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      EdwardParishEdwardParish
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

Good afternoon all.

I moved to Braunau am inn Austria in 2014 and have been working there ever since. My e-card, doctor, Medical support and in general whole life is Austrocentric, however as Braunau is a border town, four years ago i bought an appartment 2 minutes walk away in neighbouring Bavaria and have lived there up to the present date.

Of course Brexit and its implications are now a source of real worry. I am guaranteed my right to live in Germany, but my question to you all is do you think my right to work and eventually live again in Austria will also be protected given my work history? As i have said our lives are completely Austrocentric (we cross the border twice a day for work) and the plan was to move to Vienna at some point this year to start up a small business.

Any feedback or thougths on steps i should be looking to take to protect myself and my plans for my familys future would be very welcome indeed.

Many thanks

Edward

mikeMichael Bailey
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down
          ::

Edward – this FAQ applies to you, I believe

I live in a neighbouring EU country and commute to Austria for work, what will I have to do?

So you would have no problem continuing as a Grenzgänger between Bavaria and Austria, however your WA rights are in Germany, and can’t be transferred to Austria in the same way as was possible prior to the end of the transition period.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.