Moved to AT in December, can I work?

Forum Brexit-related Moved to AT in December, can I work?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      elvisruleselvisrules
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

Hi Everyone,

I moved to Tirol, Austria in December and immediately registered with the Gemeinde, so I have my Anmeldebescheinigung.

I contacted the Bezirk civil servant responsible for the Article 50 Aufenthaltsbewillungsantrag who tells me that I need to have a job in order to apply for it.

My question is, if I find a job, am I allowed to work here in Austria? (I am currently looking)

I called the local Arbeitsmarktservice who tells me I can only work once I have shown proof that I have applied for an Aufenthaltsbewilligung.

I am not sure if what these officials are telling me is correct, but if so, then it seems I am caught in a catch 22 whereby I can’t apply for a residence permit without having a job, and can’t get a job without applying for a residence permit.

Would appreciate some advice on the matter!

I previously lived and worked in Austria so have an (inactive) Sozialversicherungsnummer, don’t know if that helps anything.

In case I am allowed to work, I would also wonder if I would be able to register with the AMS so they can help me find employment? I guess I wouldn’t get unemployment money or health insurance like used to be the case when out of work?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by elvisruleselvisrules.
        • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by elvisruleselvisrules.
        keithjdKeith Davies
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down
          ::

Regarding the work scenario if you look on the UK Embassy in Vienna Facebook page you will find your answer – Yes.

https://www.facebook.com/ukinaustria/

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.