Tagged: 

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      FranziskaFiskenFranziskaFisken
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

Still no EUV card and I visited Ma35 on 14 January 2021. Also no email that I know of.

mikeMichael Bailey
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down

Send a mail stating your Geschäftszahl to 52-ref@ma35.wien.gv.at – others are slowly receiving their cards now from around that date.

DromomanioDromomanio
          Participant
            Up
            Down

Hi Franziska, any movement on your card. I am in the same boat. Applied on January 8th. I wrote to MA-35 in February, as Michael suggests, and received this in response:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
            Ihr Antrag wird zur Zeit bearbeitet. Bitte warten Sie die Verständigung ab, Sie werden rechtzeitig informiert.
            Mit freundlichen Grüßen

I followed up in April and received this:
            Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

ich habe Ihre Email an Ihre Sachbearbeiterin weitergeleitet.
            Bitte warten Sie die Verständigung ab.
            Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Have not heard back.

FranziskaFiskenFranziskaFisken
            Participant
              Up
              Down

I managed to access MA35 by emailing the boss of MA35 that I found from the Internet, and I did get a reply indirectly from Thomas Schlinger, Magistratsabteilung 35 – thomas.schlinger@wien.gv.at

Einwanderung und Staatsbürgerschaft

1120 Wien, Arndtstraße 67, Stiege 1, 1. Stock

Telefon +43 1 4000 35312

Fax +43 1 4000 99 35310

Web wien.gv.at

E-Mail 50-ref@ma35.wien.gv.at

If that does not work try the boss
              Hufgard-Leitner Georg <georg.hufgard-leitner@wien.gv.at>
              Good Luck!

DromomanioDromomanio
              Participant
                Up
                Down

Franziska, thanks for quick reply and the info.

DromomanioDromomanio
                Participant
                  Up
                  Down
                    Hi Michael, thanks for following up.
                    I wrote to anliegen@ma35.wien.gv.at on May 29, reiterating that I had applied on January 8, but had not received my card.
                    I got a reply on May 31 from susanne.vesely@wien.gv.at saying,”Ich habe um den dringenden Versand Ihrer Karte gebeten.”
                    I intend to follow up in the next few days and will post an update when something happens.
                    Meanwhile, I have travelled overseas and used without a problem the Bestätigung über die Antragstellung as proof of residence.
                  DromomanioDromomanio
                  Participant
                    Up
                    Down

Hello again.
                    On 28.06 I wrote the following email to anliegen@ma35.wien.gv.at again and copied ‘georg.hufgard-leitner@wien.gv.at’:
                    leider habe ich die Aufenthaltstitelkarte noch nicht erhalten. Ich hatte bereits am 08.01.2021 meine Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthaltes gegen einen Aufenthaltstitel “Artikel 50 EUV” getauscht. Antragszahl: [REDACTED].

I have not heard back.
                    My next move is to call MA35 and see if the telephone works better than email.
                    Any advice or feedback from others who are still waiting for their EUV card would be welcome.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by mikeMichael Bailey. Reason: contained application number for Aufenthaltstitel
                    mikeMichael Bailey
                    Keymaster
                      Up
                      Down

Usually the final processing of the card takes about 2 weeks from the order being given. Were you by any chance away, or have you moved (as we know people who couldn’t collect their card from the post or it was delivered to the address they gave when they applied)?

DromomanioDromomanio
                      Participant
                        Up
                        Down

Hi Michael, thanks for the follow-up. Nope, not away, not moved. I suppose it is possible that the Post came when I was out of the house, but they would have left some sort of notice.
                        I’ll call tomorrow and see if I can make progress telephonically.

DromomanioDromomanio
                        Participant
                          Up
                          Down

Hello, the saga continues . . .
                          Called MA-35 01 400003535 27.07 ago and was told that someone from the Department would return my call in a couple of days. That did not happen.
                          I called again last Thursday, 12.08. The gentleman I spoke to informed me that I should wait to be called by someone from MA-5, who would give me an appointment to pick up my card in person. I told him that I understood that the cards would be sent via registered post. He said nope, we do not send cards out in the mail.
                          Have other people who applied in January already received their cards? Is there someone to complain to about the complaints office? :-[

GH0GH0
                          Participant
                            Up
                            Down

Interview 7/1, received card 8/4 after many phonecalls to helpline (nearly all friendly but not much info).

Most helpful contact seemed to be answer to my email to anliegen@ma35.wien.gv.at from S. Vesely which may have triggered some action from the case worker.

Good luck!

DromomanioDromomanio
                            Participant
                              Up
                              Down

Thanks, GH0. Did you receive your card by mail, or did you have to pick it up at MA-35?

GH0GH0
                              Participant
                                Up
                                Down

By post, super secure letter, had to sign for it, representative (wife) not allowed to substitute.

DromomanioDromomanio
                                Participant
                                  Up
                                  Down

Ok, good to have the confirmation. Thanks for the quick reply!

mikeMichael Bailey
                                  Keymaster
                                    Up
                                    Down

Just as we think all the cases from January have been handled, we are hearing of more cases that are still not dealt with. I have escalated a number of cases to the BMI, to point out that MA35 are proving difficult/impossible to reach – there were pieces in the national media yesterday about this issue. As long as you have a Bestätigung der Antragstellung you should travel with it. As some have mentioned, cards are sent as RSA Briefe so can only be signed for by the applicant or their legal guardian in the case of minors.

DromomanioDromomanio
                                    Participant
                                      Up
                                      Down

Thanks, Michael. Is there anything we who have been waiting for months can do to help?
                                      Is there someone we can write to, to complain? Other than anliegen@ma35.wien.gv.at, of course, since they are the problem.

mikeMichael Bailey
                                      Keymaster
                                        Up
                                        Down

British in Austria is also keeping the Embassy informed about the situation. In very rare cases we have been able to get BMI to remind MA35 about their obligation to resolve cases within six months. I have regular contact with BMI and invariably point out procedural irregularities, and cards seem to appear miraculously quickly. Bear in mind though that Art 50 EUV card applicants are receiving considerably better treatment than all other 3CNs applying for a residency permit. The only further way I can think to escalate proceedings is through the Volksanwaltschaft – but this might just gum up another channel. Alternatively I will have a look with the other Admins from British in Austria about a letter that individual applicants should send to MA35 (as a registered letter, advising that you will be seeking assistance from legal representation to conclude your application. (If you don’t have a Rechtschutzversicherung this would be a good opportunity to get one).

DromomanioDromomanio
                                        Participant
                                          Up
                                          Down

Thanks, Michael. I did not know about the 6-month obligation to resolve case. Do you think that a registered letter from British in Austria, rather than from individual applicants, might be more likely to encourage MA35 to resolve cases that are overdue?

mikeMichael Bailey
                                            Keymaster
                                              Up
                                              Down

I think also we have come close to exhausting the amount of pressure we are able to put on the Ministry in cases of there just being a delay in processing rather than there being a procedural fault (e.g. we spotted cards sent in April with a January issue date, that were stuck in a sub-office). We will raise the matter again through the Embassy to try to get them to put some pressure on ensuring that the BMI is made aware of there still being cases open since January.

DromomanioDromomanio
                                            Participant
                                              Up
                                              Down

I agree, Michael. I think that MA-35 is almost paralyzed. No good escalating and complaining. More bad news for them yesterday in Der Standard: https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000129145693/wie-viel-system-steckt-hinter-dem-unwesen-in-der-einwanderungsbehoerde.
                                              Hopefully this and all the negative press over the past two weeks will bring about a change in leadership and perhaps get the department to an acceptable level of service.

mikeMichael Bailey
                                              Keymaster
                                                Up
                                                Down

They announced in the spring that a new hotline would come online towards the end of the year and there would be more employed. The Deputy Mayor, Wiederkehr, from the Neos has been given the job of sorting things out. There is a new business immigration office opening this week, but progress will doubtless be at a less than express pace.

DromomanioDromomanio
                                                Participant
                                                  Up
                                                  Down

Hi Michael. As you have pointed out, MA-35 must within six months after receipt of the application make a decision on a matter. If they do not do that, as in my case, a Säumnisbeschwerde (Default Complaint) can be filed. Has anyone filed a Säumnisbeschwerde with MA-35? Any advice on how to go about that?

DromomanioDromomanio
                                                  Participant
                                                    Up
                                                    Down

Also, you might find this Facebook Group interesting: Demonstration MA 35: We fight for an organizational change at MA 35
                                                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/288689399698627?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=307394311161469

mikeMichael Bailey
                                                      Keymaster
                                                        Up
                                                        Down

We are aware of the Facebook group, but have actively distanced ourselves from it, since by being associated with it, it would undo the close relations we have been establishing with the BMI and others. If individuals wish to join such actions, we are powerless to stop them, but will not promote their agenda. Our interest is to ensure a smooth passage for British citizens applying for their Art 50 EUV cards, but we prefer to channel our resources to providing assistance to ensuring people apply, and that we obtain advice about how to rectify procedure errors.

DromomanioDromomanio
                                                      Participant
                                                        Up
                                                        Down

Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ed180Ed180
                                                        Participant
                                                          Up
                                                          Down

They said mine would take a month after six weeks nothing. Phoned them up and was told that they had forgotten. Very friendly service but also very laid back. Get on to them if you haven’t received yours!

DromomanioDromomanio
                                                          Participant
                                                            Up
                                                            Down

Ed180, thanks for posting. I lodged a complaint form online with the Volksanwalt on 01.09.
                                                            On 19.09 I received a reply from their Office stating that they had opened a case and had contacted the Provincial Governor of Vienna (Wiener Landeshauptmann).
                                                            They expect to get back to me within 8 weeks of the date of their email, so sometime in November. The wheels of justice turn slowly, very, very slowly. 🙂

Ed180Ed180
                                                              Participant
                                                                Up
                                                                Down

Hi there. Yes I sometimes think Austrian wheels are square in cases such as these. Very unprofessional sadly. I started this process in I think February because I didn’t know if there would be any delays. It is quite frankly shameful that some people have had to or are waiting so long

mikeMichael Bailey
                                                                  Keymaster
                                                                    Up
                                                                    Down

@Ed180 – given the experience of some of the Russian friends of my wife, Brits are still getting treated well. The annoying thing is the lack of contact.

Ed180Ed180
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Up
                                                                        Down

Hi Michael yes I was also treated well, the bloke doing all the paperwork was excellent. What happened with the Russians?

mikeMichael Bailey
                                                                          Keymaster
                                                                            Up
                                                                            Down

Often takes over a year to get a new residency permit – before she took Austrian citizenship, my wife had to get a Notvignette to allow her to leave the country after 17 months processing time, even though she had previously held a 10 year permit. A friend’s wife has been waiting for 16 months at the moment, and the end is apparently only in sight after a lawyer was involved.

DromomanioDromomanio
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Up
                                                                      Down

Good news. I received an email today from MA-35 inviting me to pick up my Aufenthaltstitel tomorrow (Friday). Unfortunately, I am out of town. Hopefully all will go smoothly and I will be able to pick it up sometime next week. I applied in Week 1 of 2021 and we are now in Week 38.
                                                                      Unless I am challenged on this, I anoint myself record-holder of longest wait for an Article 50 EUV Card.

Ed180Ed180
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Up
                                                                          Down

That is bonkers. But all’s well that ends well!! An English colleague of mine still hasn’t applied for his, getting bit nervous for him. You can take a horse to water…

DromomanioDromomanio
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Up
                                                                          Down

Hi all, today at 10:30, I picked up my Aufenthaltskarte at MA-35 on Zelinkagasse 9. The process was straightforward and efficient. The place was tidy and clean. I was in and out in fifteen minutes. I guess I expected to see frantic administrators sitting in the midst of ceiling-high piles of documents.
                                                                          So, just short of 9 months. I could have had a baby in the time it took for my card to be birthed. Still, all’s well . . .
                                                                          I have no conclusive evidence that the complaint form I lodged online with the Volksanwalt on 01.09 had anything to do with my process finally being concluded, but I would not rule that out either. It’s easy to do online and painless. Give it a try if you’re getting very frustrated. https://www.formularservice.gv.at/site/fsrv/user/formular.aspx?pid=94bf834faa464bd1b2ed097b9d9e6e5e&pn=B6924d464b02846bf9f874a1a5241ad6b

kris_moorekris_moore
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Up
                                                                            Down

Hi all, I am going through the exact same journey… I applied in März 2021 and have heard nothing since.. I am so fed up of calling and writing. It really is infuriating. Today, I wrote to the Stadtratsbüro (office of the deputy-mayor), and we’ll see if that was any help. I also talked to a nice guy at the Bundeskanzleramt, where they have a hotline. Also, because I was feeling really desperate, I put in an complaint with the Volksanwaltschaft. It seems like the MA35 is so autonomous, that nobody outside their walls can really intervene. ;-(

• #5434
                                                                              mikeMichael Bailey
                                                                              Keymaster
                                                                                Up
                                                                                0
                                                                                Down

Just to check, regarding e-mails have you been including the Geschäftszahl in the subject line of the mail (it is on the Bestätigung über die Antragstellung in the top left of the form)? Checking your spam etc.? If you want to get in touch with the britishinaustria.net team, send us a mail to a50urgent@britishinaustria.net

• #5435
                                                                              kris_moorekris_moore
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Up
                                                                                0
                                                                                Down

Hi Michael, yes I already state the Geschäftszahl… So, this afternoon I just send a message to a lawyer, who deals with immigration issues. Luckily I have a Rechtsschutz-Versicherung, which I am now going to make use of!I’ll let everyone know, whether this helps! Apparently the Säumnisbeschwerde does wake them up over at MA35. Fingers and toes crossed !
                                                                                I chose this guy: https://www.anwaltfinden.at/anwalt/1030-wien/mag-dr-ralf-heinrich-hofler/
                                                                                Cheers!

• #5437
                                                                                  keithjdKeith Davies
                                                                                  Keymaster
                                                                                    Up
                                                                                    0
                                                                                    Down

With the few we have seen in our Facebook group the official complaint to the Volksanwaltschaft after a 6 months wait, seems to move things! along!

• #5695
                                                                                    keithjdKeith Davies
                                                                                    Keymaster
                                                                                      Up
                                                                                      0
                                                                                      Down

Hi Kris,

Have you received your Article 50 card now.

• #5696
                                                                                    kris_moorekris_moore
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      Up
                                                                                      0
                                                                                      Down

Hi Keith, thanks for getting in touch. I got my card – but at a price! I hired a lawyer, and she wrote to them. They got back within a week or so and said that I needed to sign a “Personalblatt” – it’s a data sheet with my scanned signature, which is then transferred onto the card. After I sent them that, I got my card within about 3 weeks. Cost about €550 in lawyers fees though!
                                                                                      My lawyer then sent a letter to the Finanzprokura asking them to reimburse my legal costs, as it was not my fault that I had to hire her. I am still waiting to hear from them. By the way, my Rechtsschutz Versicherung did not cover this kind of thing (Fremdenrecht is not included, ofcourse!).
                                                                                      In the meantime the Volksanwalt, who I contacted around the same time as my lawyer has also received an answer from MA35. In their statement they basically say, that I did not respond to a notification from them in Dec. 2021, in which they asked me to sign the Personalblatt. This is untrue, as I never received anything from them. But in round terms, the Volksanwalt concludes that the MA35 did not fulfil their duty properly and that my complaint was valid.
                                                                                      It’s all rather tiresome, but glad that it’s finally taken care of. I’m still waiting to hear whether I will get my money back from the Finanzprokatura – so we’ll see!
                                                                                      Cheers and all the best to all those still waiting!
                                                                                      Kris

• #5697
                                                                                        keithjdKeith Davies
                                                                                        Keymaster
                                                                                          Up
                                                                                          0
                                                                                          Down

Thanks for getting back to me and glad it has been resolved. Not good about the lawyers fees though!

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.