UK pension contribution info required by SVS in order to pay Austrian pension

Forum Brexit-related UK pension contribution info required by SVS in order to pay Austrian pension

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by GH0GH0.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Austrian JohnAustrian John
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

I have lived, worked and paid tax and SVS in Austria for 11 years.

I am 65 years old so qualify for an Austrian pension, but require 15 years of contributions to be eligible. My many years of contributions in the UK should count towards the required 15 years, but I can’t get HMRC or DWP to provide the right information to SVS.

Note that I don’t want to use the value my UK contributions as part of my Austrian pension (I’ll get a UK pension next year), but I just need the years of contributions to be recognised.

It’s been over 5 months and everyone I talk to at DWP or HMRC says “It’s not my responsibility”.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Help!!!

GH0GH0
        Participant
          Up
          Down
          ::

You should contact the Pensionsversicherungsanstalt & ask for “Überprüfung der Anspruchsvoraussetzungen” & “Versicherungszeiten”, they should send you a form to fill in where you can state your NI periods in UK – PVA will then contact UK authority & do the work for you.

You don’t have to do this – PVA will do it automatically when you claim your Austrian pension, but if they already have your NICs data the process will be more speedy.

Probably a good idea to do it as UK authority currently very sluggish.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by GH0GH0.
      Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.