Will the “Art 50 EUV” allow me to enter Schengen countries, and to return to Austria without any difficulty?

Yes, third country nationals who hold a residency permit issued by an Austrian authority that is competent for settlement and residence will be able to spend up 90 days within a 180 day period in the territory of other Schengen countriesSchengen Area The Schengen Area is European border control-free travel area, consisting of all EU […]

What will the “Art 50 EUV” residency title allow me to do? What will I be able to do in the future?

The “Art 50 EUVAufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV" The Aufenthaltstitel “Art 50 EUV” is a residency title to be issued to British citizens from the end of the transition period. Its name is derived from Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The “Titel” refers to the document or card itself, and not the right, […]

Does registration in Austria as a secondary residence or holiday home affect whether I can apply for residency?

The quality of your registration as principle or secondary residence (HauptwohnsitzHauptwohnsitz Your Hauptwohnsitz is your principle place of residence, i.e. where you typically have the centre of your vital interests. Other residences are known as Nebenwohnsitze. or NebenwohnsitzZweitwohnsitz Secondary places of residence (e.g. holiday homes that you spend some time in yourself, pied-à-terres, granny flats) […]

I am a resident in Austria since before 31.12.2020. I recently lost my job and am looking for work. Do I have to leave Austria?

From information published by the BMIBundesministerium für Inneres The Bundesministerium für Inneres (BMI) / Ministry for the Interior (UK counterparty: the Home Office) is competent for public security, policing, border control as well as residency and citizenships. It is also responsible for elections and direct democracy instruments as well as the civil service in the […]