I am currently employed on a short-term contract ending soon? Can I apply for my Art 50 EUV card?

Original question to Embassy Q&A in November 2020 – response January 2021. “Can a contract as proof of employment be accepted when applying for the Aufenthaltstitel Art 50 EUVAufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV" The Aufenthaltstitel "Art 50 EUV" is a residency title to be issued to British citizens from the end of the transition period. Its name is derived from Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The "Titel" refers to the document or card itself, and not the right, or permission that it confirms. card even where the contract is issued with an end date only a short time in the future?”

A temporary contract is proof of being employed (right now). However the authority has to take into account the future situation of the applicant to an extent. If this is a person who has been living in Austria for a while and has always held temporary jobs, that should not be a concern. On the other hand, if a person moved to Austria only recently and has only worked for a short time (eg a few months) and no further contracts for employment yet, that person will most likely have to show sufficient income and comprehensive healthSozialministerium The Austrian Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection is responsible for the following fields: The health care system Initiatives for people with disabilities Consumer protection Public health and medical issues Care and support The rights of consumers and the protection of their health Senior citizens’ policy Social policy Social insurance insurance. It really depends on the individual circumstances, which will be taken into account by the offices. The best advice in this situation is still to apply once the person has a job/binding job offer as that makes the process much easier for all concerned. Application is possible until the end of 2021.

Was this content useful?