What do I need to bring with me to my Article 50 EUV appointment?

  1. If you have a Bescheinigung des DaueraufenthaltsBescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts für EWR Bürger This is the document you can apply for after 5 years' continuous and legal residency in Austria. It confirms that you have the right to permanent residency under EU rules as an EU citizen. It requires you to provide proof of residency, employment or sufficient financial resources, and all-risks medical and health insurance cover. Holders of this document are guaranteed the Article 50 EUV card via a quick and easy process in 2021. Note: British Citizens could only apply for the Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts until the end of the transition period (31.12.2020) then all you will need to bring with you to apply for the Article 50 EUV cardAufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV" The Aufenthaltstitel "Art 50 EUV" is a residency title to be issued to British citizens from the end of the transition period. Its name is derived from Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The "Titel" refers to the document or card itself, and not the right, or permission that it confirms. is:
    • Passport
    • Passport photo (for the new card you will receive)
    • Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts
    • Note: The authority may exceptionally ask for further documents because for example a person has the Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts with their maiden name and has since married (and the passport is under his/her married name).
  2. If you don’t have a Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts then in addition to your passport and a passport photo you will need to bring proof of your status. This is all clearly stated in the supporting notes to the application form but might include:
    • For employees: A work contract
    • For the self-employed: Proof that you are self-employed. E.g. an income tax assessment
    • For the economically inactive: Proof of sickness insurance cover; proof of sufficient financial resources to support yourself and family members (e.g. pension)
    • For students/school pupils: Proof of enrolment; proof of sickness insurance cover; proof of sufficient financial resources
    • For family members: AnmeldebescheinigungAnmeldebescheinigung Every EU citizen who intends to stay longer than 3 months, must apply for the Anmeldebescheinigung within 4 months of first arrival in Austria. This is essentially a snap-shot of your status at that time, and confirms you have fulfilled the conditions to stay in Austria for longer. Your residence is still subject to certain rules. Note: British Citizens could only apply for the Anmeldebescheinigung until the end of the transition period (31.12.2020) as a family member; birth certificate

Was this content useful?